Saturday, December 31, 2011

A Real Life Pie-Heaven!

I went there last night.

My new preceptor and his lady invited me to dinner at Del Alma in Corvallis last night. The wine flowed. The conversation sparkled. The orzo had a little kick to it.

But the gem of the evening was when I agreed to split some pie for dessert. Now, this wasn't your grandma's pie. It was a mango pie with a coconut streusel, served with Chantilly cream and raspberry coulis.

Not expecting an epic pie experience, I took my first bite, carefully combining a smidge of cream and a dab of coulis for the entire flavor explosion. And it was! Everyone stared as I proclaimed, "Ohmygod. This just changed my life!"

So, if you want real pie heaven, as well as an exquisite environment and Latin cuisine, go to Del Alma. The whole experience warrants 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment