- Spotify: so I don't get stuck in a music rut, nor do I have to think about how to find new music.
- The election is over. (And I happen to feel good about the outcome.)
- FB: so I can keep in touch with pals and family, regardless of where I hang my hat.
- Tennis balls: so I may massage my own feet and back anytime, anywhere.
- 4th year med school: so that I have the opportunity to travel near and far, and meet so many new people.
- Cake: which brings joy
- Coffee: which also brings joy, sometimes in concert with cake.
- A well-appointed kitchen: so cooking is both joyful and easy.
- Google Hangouts: so I can see my friends who are also out traveling near and far during the 4th year.
- NYC: for being it. And for still being there after Sandy.
- Twisty scenic roads: for rollerskate fun
- Corgidogs.org: which brings daily joy
- Hospital lobbies equipped with pianos or harpists: because it's frickin' awesome to hear that at work
- Museums: so full of cool shit, and I'm finally getting to see a bunch of 'em this year
- Days without agendas: so I may have the freedom to loaf should I opt.
- Sunshine: which is amply supplied this time of year, outside of the NW.
- Hotwire/priceline/orbitz/etc.: because travel is easy and affordable
- Pho: for rainy day comfort
- Residency interviews: for having any and for making me feel like I'm moving forward
- The Mindy Project: because it is full of LOLs and is equipped with TWO hot guys (whose names I don't know)
- The Safety Nest: which got me through the hell of 3rd year med school, and still persists via Google Hangouts.
- The freedom to vote, wear whatever clothes I want and to drive a car anytime/anywhere I please: because I've definitely met some women this year who do not have such privileges.
- Unlimited nationwide long-distance: how did we ever not have this??
- GPS: it lets me get anywhere I need to go, at any time of day or night, with minimal pains in my ass.
- Craft breweries: lest I be forced to sip Kokanee, Bud Light or god forbid, Natty Ice. Guh.
- Finding what I want to do for the next 30 years, and feeling an innate sense of peace about it.
"If you're ever given the choice between going to heaven and going to pie-heaven, choose pie-heaven. It might be a trick, but if it isn't, mmm...boy." -Jack Handy
Friday, November 23, 2012
Giving Thanks
A non-comprehensive list of things for which I am thankful, in no particular order, here follows:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment