I just read that my last post was published in October of 2014.
There are many excuses for this:
1. My trusty aging Mac wasn't keeping up with the new OS and turning it on, much less typing a post, took ages. I knew I either needed moar RAM or a whole new Mac. With resident-level resources, this took awhile to accumulate appropriate funds to do the necessary task. And usually by the time I had accumulated necessary funds, something more pressing would come up and I would blow the cash on that instead.
2. While I've logged many interesting encounters and have many stories to tell about the last 15 months, I've actually been quite occupied actually living a rich and active lifestyle, and have largely failed in documenting it. I don't even Instagram. Or Tweet. My Facebooking has fallen off sharply.
3. I just haven't cared. All of my give-a-fuck funds were being spent on keeping my actual life together and moving along. I had reached a point where I finally just couldn't be bothered with narrating it to +/- who knows how many people actually read it. When I'm not working, I've been trying to be outside to exercise. Or I've been binging on Netflix/HBO. I haven't really written anything in the last 15 months, not even longhand. Except hospital documentation. Which I'm tired of.
There are others, but most indirectly refer back to #3. As I have entered a new phase of life, I am trying to return to my previous discipline of writing periodically, to assemble some testament to my travels and doings and thoughts. To exercise this part of my brain that actually writes for the story, not to cover my medical/legal ass.
And what is this new phase? I entered it on December 2nd, which is one of the Match Days (yeah, remember those? I am finally vindicated). Well, I will complete the dreaded Internal Medicine Residency training in about 6 months. At that time, I will leave my tiny job at the tiny community hospital that pays tiny money, move out of my tiny house and drive my tiny car to Albuquerque, NM, where I will start a two-year endocrinology fellowship at the not-tiny University of New Mexico. So stay tuned for all the emotional spectra that I anticipate will accompany this process.
Oh, and I plan to acquire a new tiny corgi during my tenure in the American Southwest. Accepting recommendations for his/her title and name.
No comments:
Post a Comment