Monday, December 22, 2008

Loving the Adventure of Snowstorms

I heard NWCN report today that Seattle has not seen snow like this in some 40 years. Does this lend credence to the rumor I heard earlier this year that the ocean currents are running in ways that also haven't been seen in 30-40 years, suggesting that we're in for some wicked weather (read: Columbus Day Storm)?

Maybe.

All I know for certain is that I'm taking it all in and enjoying it. I suspect I enjoy it more than others b/c my only workday got cancelled for weather. So it's been pretty low-stress. Plus, this might well be my last snow for a couple years--although Malibu did get snow the other day...I'm taking the inconvenience factor with a grain of salt. This snow has already turned me out of two parties, a brunch, and is delaying my trip to Portland by at least one day.

But it's just so danged pretty.

Let the official record show that Shoreline (elev. ~400') currently has 9" on the ground. 









1 comment:

  1. No, no! Not the COLUMBUS DAY STORM!!! I've been hearing about that thing my entire life, I swear, every time there's a strong breeze....

    ReplyDelete