Monday, December 15, 2008

Uh...PROBLEM

When I interviewed at Western U, they gave me this book detailing all the admissions stuff and the details of the programs. This book also included a flow chart style diagram of the 2 preclinical years' curricula. The green box marked "Gross Anatomy" indicates that it's a 12 week course. I contacted the prof today to ask which book I should get (so I can buy it instead of the one my class will use over the winter quarter "primer" anatomy course I'm taking at a local  community college). He forwarded me the syllabus for next year. It indicates that gross anatomy is a 9 week course. 

3 weeks makes a big difference!

So they've gone and roped me in with glamorous promises of 12 week courses, and now they've bait-and-switched me! I read through the details of the summary of learning objectives on the syllabus (which, by the way, is 13 pages long). Now I have some comprehension of what they meant when they said, "it'll feel like you're trying to sip water out of a fire hose".

I read ya loud 'n' clear, doc.

No comments:

Post a Comment