Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Energy Savings EVERYWHERE

(written 10:04am, June 11, 2009)

Southern California deserves a swift kick in the ass and/or a sound boxing of the ears.

California has been on a long march to self-destruction since before I was even a twinkle in Mama Linda's eyes, but now they're making ME feel like the asshole.

See, California is fast approaching a monstrous drought. Nothing but their wanton over-use of resources has put them in this position. So there are ads running, morning, noon and night about water conservation. Apparently, you can't run the hose to your yard except on Tuesdays and Thursdays between the hours of 6 and 9. Or something. I don't really know because I don't have any grass. My favorite spot is the one where they berate your reasoning for ever taking any shower longer than 5 minutes.

SORRY. I just wanted to shave my legs, California. IS THAT OKAY WITH YOU??

In the spirit of resource conservation, I continue to eliminate the vampires in my house. We now have a Recharging Station (read: a power strip with a switch) for our cell phones and macbooks. I do the same for our entertainment area and the office. The best feature about our computers though, is the Energy Saver Scheduler: now all the macs shut off at 11:30pm and restart automatically at 7:30am.

Thanks, Mac. For helping make my life simpler AND greener. Unlike California.

As soon as Steve Jobs invents an iMac that features a Water Production Scheduler, we'll be all set.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, because you can't shower for very long, then you'll have time to write your blog.
    See? Just find the good in everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe that's why the Feminist movement in the 60s started in Cali...really, they didn't have the water to shave.

    ReplyDelete