Sunday, November 15, 2009

Trampler!

We learned last week that the "bonding hormone" oxytocin (not to be confused with the addict's favorite oxycontin) does not exist in levels appropriate for bonding in sheep that deliver by C-section. Consequently, the ewes will starve, ignore and/or trample the lambs.

It's no secret among those who know me well that I have zero intention of having kids. And the older I get, the clearer it becomes that this decision is a good one for me, for a number of reasons. Yep, the old biological clock [accidentally?] got tossed out with the bathwater AND the baby long ago. Fellow ISACer Adrienne leans over to me during this lecture and whispers, "I know you're not a sheep, but that really made me think of you."

The biological clock is missing, not murderous! And you're quite right. I am not a sheep. But this is:


Look at that face. Simply too cute to trample.

1 comment: