That thing that's hiking up the microtubule hauling a big sac of whatnot is, if I recall correctly, a kinesin. You can get the mp3 here.
OK, big news.
In December, I finally decided enough was enough--I was going to publish by December 2010. I'd written my autobiography mostly in 2004, then it sat collecting dust, awaiting revision. Then it sat some more after revision as I struggled to figure out what to do with it next.
It's hard to find information about publishing. No one really wants to talk about it. I finally got mad and said, "Oh, the hell with it." And I left the stack of papers in a drawer. Then last year I started sniffing around the publishing world again. The idea of self publishing was presented to me by three different people and I started to embrace it. I managed to run into other people who'd had success with it, and in the case of one gentleman who'd published books both the traditional way and the "vanity" way, he said he'd preferred Print On Demand.
So there.
I've spent the last several weeks trying to get the "i"s dotted and the "t"s crossed, and after much wishing and washing and deliberation, I've finally settled on a publisher: CreateSpaces, a subsidiary of Amazon. I'm (gulp) sending the deposit today. The manuscript goes for editing at the end of January. The turnaround for that process is about 4 weeks. Afterward, we start developing the cover, then we go into PR mode. My target release date is June 6, 2010--National Cancer Survivor's Day. At that time, you will be able to buy my book on Amazon, target.com, Barnes & Noble.com and in various bookstores. It should be available in paperback, hardback & ebook formats. Then the hard work will begin: promotions. I want this book in every hospital library and in every hospital giftshop in the country.
Who wants to go on a book tour?
(note to self: book tour may mandate new trophy shoes and/or trophy coat...)
I want to go. I can be your assistant. Do we get to travel to places like Paris, Stockholm, and Dublin?? Your brother could work for you too. Hey, it can be a family business. LOL! Sorry, you up probably find that gruling. O.K. take your brother.
ReplyDeleteGood job Linds.