Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quickie

Time marches steadfastly ever onward--and by "steadfast" I really mean "crazy fast." We are in the last week of February, people!

We are suffering hard at school these days, as we're in a long stretch of "OK everyone, there's going to be an exam EVERY Monday until spring break and then one on Friday March 19th." I will be free at 5pm that day. Currently debating whether to spend part of my Spring Break in PDX as the 'rents have so generously offered me transportation home, but am highly interested in loafing about around here where it's bound to be in the 80s. Can't decide...PDX with busy agenda full of pals (and Xbox!)? Or So. Cal with nothing but exercise and cooking?

The book front is speeding along, too, and I find it increasingly difficult to focus on the appropriate tasks at the appropriate times. Too many things to do, calls to make, events to plan, editing to wade through. Will be taking applications for a secretary. Pay is awful. Hours on-call. Sounds like a great opportunity, doesn't it? I know you want it...

The promotional text has come in--that's the stuff on the back that entices you to buy the book--and the photo shoot for the author bio and *possibly* the cover will occur on Monday March 22. Don't get too excited. That's a big *possibly*. The editors should be done with their work some time this week. Then it's all on me.

With regard to other stuff that's "on me", I need to nail the final exam for this Blood & Lymphatics course a whole helluva lot harder than I managed the first one. Considering that prep for any exam consists of wall-to-wall studying for a minimum of 2 1/2 days, I'm discontent with a low 70s grade. Barely passing does not, in my book (har har), a good physician make. But it's such an injustice when what I soooo want to do (have dinner parties) so completely conflicts with what I have to do (memorize 50+ chemotherapy drugs). So. Off to work again.

No comments:

Post a Comment