I got a lot of response from my colleagues about that last blog. People were coming up to me saying they'd laughed out loud at the library, or they'd gotten sucked in to other posts and didn't consequently get all their work done for the evening.
So it would seem that the creative storm brews best when I'm some combination of sick, angry and failing a class.
Now that I'm famous and credible, I will plod forward with another story to add to the collection of compelling drivel:
I have this black herringbone vest that I love and I want to wear it a lot. But I'm stuck because I have only so many button-down shirts, and they all are pretty high and tight. If I wear a standard white Oxford, then I look like a waiter at Morton's. If I wear the blue one, I look like Uncle Ben from Spider Man. If I wear the striped one, I look like I might be in a vaudeville barber shop quartet. So what's a gal to do?
Enter fashionista from the Office of Medical Education. I'm writing this in the minutes before class starts, and someone from the Office of Medical Education always comes in to unlock the podium and start the computers. Today it's the girl who is always dressed to the nines. I'm very jealous of her blouses and vests. Hmm...I should probably strike while the iron's hot and go ask her where she buys her stuff--because Marshall's has failed to yield any good vest-blouses...She has a vest strikingly similar to mine, and pairs it with flouncy, awesome, modern blouses that in no way look like any of the above-mentioned weirdness. She's got polka dot. She's got ruffles. She's got puff sleeves. She's got tuxedo collars. Don't even get me started on her shoes. She is everything I wish I could be. Almost makes me want to abandon medicine for a nice academic job where I can fashion the hell out of my workplace every day.
But no. I've signed on for a life of wearing sea-green jammies and Dansko clogs (which I found in gold the other day!).
...Back from my reconnaissance mission. Next time I have money, Forever 21 and H & M in Chino Hills are on my list.
No comments:
Post a Comment