Monday, November 28, 2011

More Cosmetic Stuff

I just underwent round 2 of lasering--not nearly as bad as round 1! But that's not what I'm thinking about today.

Today I've become aware of permanent (tattoo) makeup.

I guess I did know it existed. I mean, if you'd seen Michael Jackson at any time in the last 15-20 years of his life, you couldn't help but be aware of tattooed makeup. I was familiar with the concept also for cancer patients--brows, eyeliner, lips, even areolas. But I'd never thought for a bit about its use in normal people.

OK, maybe I don't care about the lipliner, but the rest is a'ight.
*Do want*

Just imagine, ladies. Springing out of bed on a Sunday morning (or any morning in residency), and already looking like you've put some effort into the day. Imagine the 5-10 minutes you could save every morning by not applying eyeliner or defining your brows. That's a minimum savings of 25 hours per year! Compounded over the life of a career...

And consider the reality that as you age you will lose your ability to see up close. Translation: you will not be able to see your own eyes to apply eyeliner. But here's the rub: everyone else will be able to see your nasty naked or mis-applied eyes.

Unless you take matters into your own hands. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment