"A few thoughts about my first day on the job:
Well, it hit me when I put the bullet proof vest on this afternoon. That is when the nerves of brand new job, one I could be killed doing really hit me...Then within a few minutes I was fine. It's weird I am not shooting sports for KOMO anymore. I'm happy I am doing something different, challenging myself with a higher pressure job.
The day was very smooth. My audio guy was pleased with my first day. We didn't get any big calls but we shot three tapes on a lot of little petty things. Loitering, public intoxication, a suspicious vehicle, those were the kind of things we worked on. I need a lot of practice sliding out of the car in a smooth fashion. I will get it.
It is very sad seeing the level of poverty down here in the southwest. It really makes me appreciate the blessings we have been given. It will take a little time getting used to that. The officer we rode with was a great guy. He is 34 years old, has some good experience and is a huge sports fan. That made for a good icebreaker. He also used a "Family Guy" notebook. That was fantastic.
The thing that may have bothered me the most, I was watching the clock to see when we were getting off a couple times. I'm sure I did that at the last job I had but I can't remember doing it much.
We had a nice dinner at a some casino (I had grilled salmon and rice) then went to a couple of small incidents and called it a night. All in all it was a good start to my new job. Now we send the tapes to LA and I wait for word from Doug the Managing producer of the show. He will scour my video and give me his thoughts in the next few days. He will have plenty to tell me. Nobody has it all figured out in there first days on the job."
Well, it hit me when I put the bullet proof vest on this afternoon. That is when the nerves of brand new job, one I could be killed doing really hit me...Then within a few minutes I was fine. It's weird I am not shooting sports for KOMO anymore. I'm happy I am doing something different, challenging myself with a higher pressure job.
The day was very smooth. My audio guy was pleased with my first day. We didn't get any big calls but we shot three tapes on a lot of little petty things. Loitering, public intoxication, a suspicious vehicle, those were the kind of things we worked on. I need a lot of practice sliding out of the car in a smooth fashion. I will get it.
It is very sad seeing the level of poverty down here in the southwest. It really makes me appreciate the blessings we have been given. It will take a little time getting used to that. The officer we rode with was a great guy. He is 34 years old, has some good experience and is a huge sports fan. That made for a good icebreaker. He also used a "Family Guy" notebook. That was fantastic.
The thing that may have bothered me the most, I was watching the clock to see when we were getting off a couple times. I'm sure I did that at the last job I had but I can't remember doing it much.
We had a nice dinner at a some casino (I had grilled salmon and rice) then went to a couple of small incidents and called it a night. All in all it was a good start to my new job. Now we send the tapes to LA and I wait for word from Doug the Managing producer of the show. He will scour my video and give me his thoughts in the next few days. He will have plenty to tell me. Nobody has it all figured out in there first days on the job."
Matt: Keeop your comments coming! Great stuff.
ReplyDeleteMr. Tom