Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Gettin' Boredsies

Rejoining the regular curriculum in early October will be a huge, wear-your-sunglasses-and-extra-makeup-cuz-it-ain't-gonna-be-pretty-and-the-public-might-call-the-cops slap in the face.

In the meantime, I have an insane amount of freedom, as some of you will have gathered from my recent Facebook status regarding a surprise 4 day weekend.

Local "celebrity" gossip: fellow COMP pal Casey is married to Rosanna (both from Washington), who is working to break into the acting industry. She's done small parts and worked as an extra on various shows, and has gathered for herself her first SAG voucher. 3 vouchers earns you eligibility for a membership. She just gained representation, too. Big! Recently, she scored a photo shoot for a big (I mean BIG) magazine, with a big (again, very BIG) celebrity--all of which must remain unnamed in order to preserve confidentiality and be polite. Don't fret, I'll totally post a conspicuous series of photos once all is released to the public.

Here's the thing about modeling, though: Ro tells me that her diet between the time of booking and the date of the shoot is limited to raw or steamed vegetables, egg whites and water. Two days before her shoot, she begins the dehydration process. This means absolute minimal intake of water until the time that her shoot is over, in order to ensure that her body is as deflated as humanly possible. I'll illustrate this concept by telling you that her current dimensions are ~4'10" and 90 lbs.

Seriously???

WHAT is WRONG with our CULTURE that we do this to models? It sounds all glamorous and everything, but as soon as someone told me I couldn't drink coffee or eat egg YOLKS, I'd tell 'em to shove their precious photo shoots by way of the external anal sphincter. The water part I could actually do very well. I'm practically a camel anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment