My hips hurt. I had a really hard time today in the lateral recumbent position in pilates. Highly suspicious of iliotibial band inflammation secondary to this jogging thing I've had going on recently. Just another reason jogging is retarded, and I hate it. Note to self: do whatever it takes to get colleagues to work counterstrain and myofascial release techniques on me tomorrow. You heard me. Whatever it takes.
Life in general continues to ROCK since neuro is over, though I'll admit chagrin that I didn't do so hot on the psych final exam. Since there was no midterm, I suppose that makes it the psych ONLY exam. Way to go, Lindsey, majoring in psych at Gonzaga (A average), then getting a 78% in medical school.
Do not come to me for psychiatric diagnoses and/or support. Obviously.
Life rocks because here I sit at 9:20p on a Thursday, having already watched a Pacino movie, with nothing else to do tonight! I even took a leisurely walk with the dog today (see postscript for corgi antics). Do not fret. A year from now when I'm prepping for Step I of the USMLE and the COMLEX, I won't be so damn smug.
It was a year ago this week that I moved from Seattle to Claremont to live and work amongst my fellow dorks. Best thing I've ever done. Best year of my life--except for the 2 months of neurology. Slow, painful death by asphyxiation would have been preferable.
Do not come to me with any problems of a neurological nature. Obviously.
I am slowly moving forward with the process of establishing my non-profit, and got the sticker shock last Tuesday. Geesh. This process of becoming a legal nonprofit entity and adequately prepared to do responsible business is lengthy and spendy. About double what I was expecting. It'll be awhile before I'll manage to cough up $5,000. Will need to sell approximately 700 books. Tell your friends.
It's OK, though. I've been saying all along that I'd rather go slowly and carefully than rush it and do something stupid. And now I'm eating my words.
Needs salt.
PS: We have been wont to jog the corgi up to the Claremont-McKenna track recently, about 0.6 miles each way, where we tie him to a tree and do sprints. Then we jog home. It's a brilliant plan. Well, as I was coming up the home stretch the other day, I see a corgi shape barreling toward me with a short frayed cord dangling from his neck. The little punk had bitten his leash in half and took off. So then no one got to do sprints and we had to walk home on an 8" leash. Jerk. We have now spent approximately $150 in leashes during our 5 year tenure with Gunther. Plus taxes. Wish I had stock in Drs. Foster & Smith.
oh crap...i always come to you for psychiatric diagnoses and support. maybe i should look into finding a new friend...LOL. and did you just call me a DORK?? and salt isn't good...try chili pepper...you need a little spice!! mmmmm...k...that was a dorky comment. you were right to call me a dork.
ReplyDeleteI find it funny that they still haven't told us the average yet for psych. Oh well, time to win some challenge points!
ReplyDelete