Monday, June 3, 2013

The Golden Weeks

celebratory ale with friends 'n' fam, take 1
I'm on the countdown for having to actually work--15 days to go.

I'm filling my days with so much beachside exercise, cartoons and naps. I mean, with so much studying. But no, I definitely fell asleep for a couple hours the other day while reviewing pulmonology. Uh, whoops.

I spent 8 days in Oregon with family and friends for graduation celebrations. My parents hosted 60 or so of our family, friends and my assorted preceptors from my days in Albany and Corvallis. It turned out that the rituals of commencement week and this party, despite my mental mixed bag of anxiety and apathy, were very helpful and positive. It was an opportunity to step back and acknowledge the work we accomplished and the gravity of our what we do. Well done, class of 2013!

My proudest moment occurred when I shook my oncologist's hand for the first time as a physician.
(21 years later) Me: "Doctor"
Him: "Doctor"




My onc nurses Kaylee & Patsy also attended
 At the party, the libations flowed freely and the nibbles were exquisite. While originally slated for between 2 and 5pm, the festivities went well into the night. The final consumption was as follows:

1 case white wines
1 case red wines
6 bottles champagne
~15 gallons Kiwanda Cream Ale

I guess we're all a bunch o' drunks. Commence CAGE questionairre:

Have you ever felt like you need to Cut back on drinking?
Do you ever feel Angry when someone talks to you about drinking alcohol?
Do you ever feel Guilty about drinking?
Do you feel like you need an Eye opener in the morning?

friends 'n' fam take 2

2 comments:

  1. A hearty congratulations to you and your classmates. I wish I could have been there at the gathering to celebrate. I hear it was a great time. Much love from your cousin in Rhode Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strong work LV :)

    ReplyDelete