Monday, July 29, 2013

Constant Readers are Weird

Pie Heaven has 10 official followers, but I know the audience is larger than that, thanks to FB and G+.

But you people are kinda messed up. You like to read stuff that I didn't expect.

I love that Blogger tracks the traffic by post, by geographic region, by browser, and a billion other things that I don't actually care about, and it tells me how many hits I've gotten per post. Someone in Russia routinely reads. Australia too. As of yet I have not penetrated Europe, Africa, Asia or the rest of the Americas. Patience...

I'd say that on average, any given post gets somewhere between 35-40 hits. Last fall we broke a record when I got over 50 hits on my post about the anti-nicotine policy for employees at Sparrow Hospital in Lansing, MI.

This surprised me. And I thought the numbers wouldn't ascend higher than that.

My post about encountering death on the wards was also abnormally high yield, as was "Post-Its or Breast...I Can't Tell." But then a couple months ago I posted about my horrifying and awful Match experience and you people ate that shit up. 75 hits last I checked. A new record. It's follow-up "I'm a Real Doctor Now," did very well, but didn't come close to breaking that record. Somehow, the most recent "Emergency Panties" did nearly as well (wtf?? that one wasn't very good at all). And then one of my all-time favorites and best works to date on this project "And Now For a Funerary Gala" failed to achieve a response that was beyond average.

Duly noted. You guys dig drama and suffering. I will henceforth let the tragedies flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment