Sunday, July 28, 2013

Emergency Panties

I'll just tell you straight off that the title of this blog is probably the most exciting part of it. Too bad for you.

But Emergency Panties are real.

These are them.
 And I had to use mine the other day.

So back at the beginning of 3rd year med school I acquired miscellaneous toiletries and garments that I kept in the boot of Skate. I did this because our administration spent a week prior to rotations chiding us about how we will be tried before the dreaded Student Performance Committee (imagine Harry Potter's Disciplinary Hearing at the Ministry of Magic) for any number of unwitting sins. But they particularly emphasized the punishment if they should ever hear about us using a hospitals' scrubs or other personal care products. We were responsible for providing our own scrubs and other products, should we find ourselves on some 30-hour shift or something.
Pretty sure no wise wizards would come to my aid at the SPC.
Not being particularly inclined to having to defend myself in front of WU's version of the Wizengamot, I collected deodorant, a hairbrush, and two pairs each of socks and panties in my kit. I figured these items would almost guarantee that I could get through any clinical situation at a moment's notice and still offend the fewest possible people with my unwashed self.

So those items remained untouched in their bag in the boot of my car until last week. I called upon the Emergency Panties, not because I was stuck in the hospital for a particularly long and shower-free shift, but because I'd had so many shifts in a row that prevented me from either doing laundry myself or dropping it off anywhere to be done for me. I'd made a point of amassing a ridiculous count of panties in anticipation of this problem, and still my shifts outlasted them.

If you prefer math:

n  >  x
Where n is defined as the # shifts and x is the # of panties
Emergency panties got me through the last two shifts until I could obtain quarters to do my laundry.

Thank you, Emergency Panties, your service is appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment