Ah, the sound of a successful (though slightly under the goal score of 90%) summer term. Gross Anatomy is OVER, people, and I passed the mark, and then some, to be a facilitator for the autumn course. Let's hear it for $7.50/hour!
It's been great. Sleeping in 'til 8am (remember when 'sleeping in' meant 10:30, 11 or NOON?). Getting all the stuff done that I don't have time to do during a semester: waxing the car, taming the weeds, pressure washing the patio, carpet-bombing the fruit flies with my handy-dandy homemade isopropyl alcohol/vinegar/water concoction, etc. etc. etc. My days have been just as full as if I were in school.
Last night was fab. Perfectly mild evening. Having strung up the white lights in the trees, our patio was bathed in a warm glow, and we settled in to polish off a bottle of 2 Buck Chuck left over from the night before. This led to polishing off another bottle of Cab, along with a cheap Papa John's garden "fresh" pizza.
Then we heard some vague...uh, commotion a few units down, of which I was immediately suspicious. "Are we hearing what I think we're hearing?" I asked, incredulously. Matt waved it off. "No way." Within 10 minutes, however, it became abundantly clear that were indeed hearing what I thought we were hearing. And with the way our complex is laid out, all sounds are amplified and projected over great distances, so I know we weren't the only two privy to what was probably a very personal moment for the unsuspecting (or not...who knows) lady in question (so far as we can tell, there was no gentleman present).
As the noise level approached its zenith, and Matt and I were distractedly trying to carry on an actual conversation, he leaned in and whispered, "would it be wrong to cheer?" Shortly thereafter, all activity ceased, a few minutes passed and we were greeted with the scent of cigarettes in the air.
"Ah. Post-coital cigarette," I said, nodding. "That's the best kind, you know."
Hahahaha! Ha. Oh, wait...I don't smoke.
Yessir. It was a hot time among the Oak Arbor Condominiums last night.
PS: the movie Funny People caught me by surprise when very early on, you find out it's actually about DEATH and LEUKEMIA, and not a full-on comedy. I have decided: Adam Sandler was never meant to have more than 83 minutes of screen-time.
PPS: Rainbow Rolls are now my all time favorite sushi item.
PPSS: tomorrow I start using my Bally membership. Seriously. No more screwing around.
Congrats Almost Dr. L! And in response to your newer entry, I am glad you are enjoying So Cal. I was very apprehensive about moving there (again--I went there for 1 year of undergrad then left), but hoping for the best. We'll see what Richmond has in store for Almost Dr. V...
ReplyDelete