I just wrapped up my time with my Nephrologist today. She's moving to another practice and I'm moving to another state (though I think California might feel more like another country). It was a good visit. She said that if I hold up my end of the bargain (i.e., don't get any fatter, don't get diabetes, don't take anti-inflammatories, don't get pregnant), she doesn't think I'll have to deal with any end-stage renal disease. She said that if it was going to happen, we'd be seeing some signs now. OK. So, gym membership? check. Aspirin? check. Vasectomy? We'll have to get Matt to guest-blog on here about that one.
One doctor down, a billion to go before we move.
The best part though is that she says I only need to see a Nephrologist once every three years now. My regular doctor can do the basic kidney monitoring. What a relief! I can't keep track of all my folks anymore.
Matt is in CA as we speak, on a reconnaissance mission, checking out neighborhoods and pursuing jobs. He interviewed with COPS today, and it went well. They're considering 5 guys for 3 full-time positions, but they were pleased with his long experience in news-gathering and all his prizes he's won over the years. He also lunched with representatives of the Cinematographer's Guild (IATSE), and is hoping to supplement COPS with "Electronic Press Kit" work--that is, shooting the mini-documentaries that come in your DVD's "Bonus Features" section. COPS starts shooting March 24th in Vegas. They shoot for 8 weeks, then have 1 week off before heading to the next locale. He'd shoot for a total of 32 weeks/year. Vegas wouldn't be bad at all. That's a quick hop skip 'n' a jump back home on weekends.
No comments:
Post a Comment