Friday, January 9, 2009

Fatty Fatty Fat Fat

So Matt got a scale for Christmas. Not just any scale, a Weight Watcher's scale that simultaneously measures weight, body fat %, BMI, water weight, bone density and total pounds of fat. Man, I got on that thing and it wasn't pretty. To start, I was about 10 lbs heavier than I thought I was. And since I can see that I've dropped the muscle from my 1,100 mile summer cycling adventures, I know it ain't a lean extra 10 lbs. I'm packing a full 40 lbs of fat on my bod. Ouch.

I have to say that I wish we'd had this thing in July when I was at my cycling peak so I could quantitatively see the difference. 

Finally wrapped up that shoot at Children's Hospital yesterday. I really enjoyed being the audio tech. It was really nice to only have to focus on one thing at a time instead of trying to multitask and micromanage like a thousand things at once. I'm hoping that Northwest Video Edge comes knockin' on my door again. 

With Tim Griffis, Photog Extraordinaire at Children's Hospital

We had to scrub in every day to shoot in the O.R. and in the interventional radiology department. They gave us these incredibly unflattering surgical cover-alls--they do nothing but accentuate those aforementioned and offensive 40 lbs. Then all of the gear had to be sterilized with these special wipes (for which we had to wear gloves, lest our hands disintegrate before our eyes). It was a fun project, though. I really enjoy working with Tim and Kim, and it's projects like this that make me sad to leave the biz.

I've started to investigate the process of moving all of our crap to CA. Like the readout on that WW scale, it ain't pretty. I've never had to do a move of this magnitude before. After running the numbers, we're going to have to sell a lot of our stuff. And it's going to be tough adjusting from living in our own house for 4 years to living in a 1 bedroom apartment. Poor Gunther.

1 comment:

  1. My sister works at Jenny Craig and she has one of those scales...It keeps telling me to get the hell off. ha! Terrible Joke. But I am happy to say that I have lost some weight!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete