Monday, January 19, 2009

Well, Wish in One Hand...

A few new favorite...aphorisms I'll call them...have been popping up in my life a lot lately, and I have to share out loud, because they make me laugh out loud.

1. "I don't shut up, I grow up, and when I look at you I throw up." You may also feel inclined to follow this up with a "then your mom goes 'round the corner and licks it up." I do. 

2. (an excerpt from King's short story "The Body" that was made into the movie Stand By Me) "You're so full of sh*t you squeak."

3. "Well, wish in one hand and sh*t in the other. See which one fills up first." That's nice perspective. 

I try to use these in conversational rebuttal, but generally laugh such that I can't even finish the sentence, therefore eliminating any cool wit that might temporarily unseat my opponent, and succeed only in embarrassing myself.

I'm trying to figure out what classes I can afford to skip tomorrow so that I can catch at least some of the inaugural festivities. The plan at the moment is to fly through my 8a exam, bust outta class and skip the next one so I can go home and watch the live coverage until 11:30, then return for my sheep heart dissection lab. Yeah. That plan should work. Means I'll have to drive to school though.

Right about now I'm kicking myself for not getting into Georgetown last year. God, how cool would it be to live in Washington, D.C. right about now?It would have been such a great place to call home during these 4 years. 

Then I remember that Georgetown treated me with suspicion, and how much happier I am with the faculty and facilities at Western U. Screw Georgetown. I'll visit D.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment