Thursday, February 19, 2009

Nip/Tuck: Season 5, Part 1

Part one?! What the...? I'm 14 episodes in and I just figured out that the writer's strike interfered with the rest of Season 5. It would seem that they are showing episodes from Season 5 right now on FX. Well, now I understand why episode 14 was entirely anti-climactic. 

Regrettably, I find Season 5 undeniably weak. What, we're supposed to believe that Sean & Christian drive all the way across the country to open a new practice in L.A. in their 40s? OK, I can believe that. That's the kind of no-good they get up to. But then every. single. other. cast member also finds his or herself in L.A., too? And all of them wanting free plastic surgery? And Matt's a meth-head now? And Julia's a lesbian? And her lover's daughter is trying to kill her? Come on. 

It's almost as if they decided, "The hell with this writer's strike. We'll do it ourselves. How hard can it be?" 

Julia is the worst character. I'm tired of having to listen to her breathe through her mouth all the time, while she trembles uncontrollably whenever she's supposed to be acting an emotional scene. And what the hell happened to her deformed baby? Did she leave it in New York? I was hoping that the gun would have cured that character ill, but I'm not so lucky. 


Despite the lack of depth to both the show this season and his character, I still loves me my Dr. Troy. Mmmhmm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment