Sunday, February 1, 2009

Productive Weekend

I knew it! I knew I would be more productive now that I'm back in a regular school schedule and not just juggling the "freelancer/med school apps" life. I get all kinds of crap done on the weekends. Laundry...vacuuming...dishes...it's awesome.

I haven't had a job since December, when I was audio tech for a shoot at Children's Hospital. Damn. I mean, video production is about as expendable a service as you can get. Hmmm...note to self: must get wall street or Citibank clients.

But I'm quite well occupied, despite my lack of income. I'm fully occupied with my courseload right now. In fact, I have an exam on the regulatory properties of the cardiovascular system tomorrow. I love it. I love that heart. It's high action. Never a dull moment with the heart.

I've even though of going to get a "real" job (highly overrated) since I've had no work, but no one is hiring. Seriously! All those typical fall-backs like Starbucks and the grocery stores have put a moratorium on hiring. They're laying people off left 'n' right. Besides, how am I supposed to compete when I have no barista or grocery bagging skills and I'm leaving in 5 months? Nobody wants to hire that.

Good news: should be above 35 in the mornings all this week=Lindsey rides the bike to school. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment