Monday, February 2, 2009

Year in (Fiscal) Review

I just finished my books for 2008. God, I hate accounting. That is a job that would drive me to suicide. But God love those who can. If I open another small business someday, I'll hire that crap out for sure. I ain't no bookkeeper.

I am stunned that my profit and loss sheets from '07 and '08 reveal that I made almost exactly the same amount of money. It sure didn't feel that way. My jobs were small, few and far between. In contrast, '07 was marked with larger long-term projects. But my 4th quarter helped me recover. However, I wrote a lot of big checks this year for school deposits, travel expenses, and...equipment repair. Ick (breaking news: I sold that stupid camera to a colleague the other day who only needs it for audio-free live shoots).

In the meantime, of course, I haven't had a new client since...December. Double ick.

And on a brilliant note, I cycled to class today, and it was warm, clear and beautiful. I didn't even need my shoe insulators for the trip home. Woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment